On 11/6/11 1:08 PM, Joe32065 wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 11/6/11 1:28 AM, Tom Stoudt wrote:
>>> On Sat 05 Nov 2011 07:19:28pm EDT, /David E. Ross/ said in
>>> mozilla.support.seamonkey:

>> click on the button with the
>> down-pointing triangle right to the right of it.
>
> I'm using version 2.4.1. with the default theme.  When I click on
> Bookmarks/File Bookmark and the
> New Bookmark box opens, I can click on the downward triangle.  That
> helps some, however the box is not re-sizable.  Now I can see six
> folders and have to use the scroll bar to see the rest.  If you could
> make the New Bookmarks re-sizable and the new size would
> stick.(Everytime you go to file bookmark you would get the last used
> size) and Change the behavior of the big and little triangles it would
> be easier. The way it used to be was perfect.
> Opening the Bookmark Manager does not seem to help.  When you click on
> file new bookmark, the Name and URL of the current page that you are
> trying to file is not there and you have to do a lot of cutting and pasting.
> The only good thing is that Firefox, Opera, and Internet Explorer all
> are just as bad.  The old version of SeaMonkey was so much more user
> friendly if you have hundreds of bookmarks in a dozen or more folders.

I have over 900 bookmarks organized into over 100 folders, subfolders,
sub-subfolders, etc.  [Bookmarks > Bookmarks Manager] meets my needs
better than it did in SeaMonkey 2.0.x primarily because the old version
was too buggy.

If you select [Bookmarks > File Bookmark], you must then select the Save
button on the New Bookmark popup dialogue.  The new bookmark is then
entered at the bottom of the bookmarks, which was the same behavior that
existed with the old version.

The only feature missing was something from Netscape 4.  I could create
pseudo-bookmarks (called shortcuts) that pointed to real bookmarks.  If
I changed the real bookmark or any of its shortcuts, the change would
automatically propagate to the others.  Thus, I could have a bookmark
for Medicare under both a Health folder and a Federal Government folder;
if I had to change the URI on one, the other would get the same change.

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>.

bureaucracy has obviously never worked for a large corporation.
© 1997 by David E. Ross