Mort wrote:
Joe32065 wrote:
In the past few versions of SeaMonkey going to Bookmarks/File Bookmark
has a most annoying "improvement". Instead of seeing all my folders and
choosing where to file the new bookmark, I now only see 5 folders and
have to click on Choose to see the rest. How is this supposed to be
helpful? Is there a way to change it back, so it will work like on older
versions? Thanks

Hi,

I have a somewhat different bookmark problem, and am hoping that someone
in this group can help me.

In my older PC with Windows XP Pro, my bookmarks in SM 2.0.14 are in
hierarchal form, that is, each folder has a + and can be opened with
minuses. However, when I used an USB cable to transfer my data to my new
PC with Windows 7, the bookmarks went to a different place. On the new
PC, they are not in the SM bookmarks area. Instead they are in their own
separate folder, with no + or - at all, and are all run-ons . Inasmuch
as I have literally several thousand bookmarks, it is very difficult to
go through many of them to find what I need.

What must I do to put those bookmarks in my new PC into their proper
place in SM? This problem is preventing me from using my new and much
better PC.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Mort Linder

Easiest way to transfer bookmarks/etc for separate computers is to install the newer SeaMonkey (2.4.1 at present) and use SeaMonkey Sync.

--
~Justin Wood (Callek)