"Chris Ilias" <n...@ilias.ca> wrote in message
news:dk-dnsb-39vseohsnz2dnuvz_vodn...@mozilla.org...
> On 12-04-04 7:05 AM, Desiree wrote:
>> "Chris Ilias"<n...@ilias.ca>  wrote in message
>>> There should be a play icon embedded over top of the image. If you click
>>> on the image, the screencast should start. Does the play icon not
>>> appear?
>>> If it doesn't appear, does clicking on the image still start the
>>> screencast?
>>
>> To get it to start, I have to click on the tiny icon in the bottom left
>> corner of the screen. That is obscured until I mouse over it and way to
>> small to see what those icons stand for. But when I figured out how to do
>> it, it worked fine.
>
> The controls are actually provided by your browser (in this case,
> SeaMonkey). The next planned release of SeaMonkey (for later this month)
> actually has changes that greatly improve HTML video controls.
> <http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.9/>
> "HTML5 videos that do not start automatically show a large play button
> now."

Just wanted to comment further that your site should explain all this. Many
of us will NOT be upgrading SM, or any other browser, for a variety of
reasons. (1) I refuse to use a browser that will automatically play embedded
video (althugh I suppose I can disable it about:config but why not just use
a better browser version that avoids the crap)? I don't think currently that
the proxomitron will stop this but I am sure we will have a filter when this
becomes widespread (as we have long had a toggle switch for Flash so 99.9%
of Flash is never played and certainly never any with ads). HTML5 is poised
to become even  more vicious and nasty than Flash ever was.

(2) I just looked into upgrading 2.6 SM to 2.8. I will not do so because my
extensions will not work. My extensions working is far more important than
what version of SM I use. Besides, the ONLY reason I started using SM again
was because it did not seem to be going insane like Fx with constant
updates.  But now I have Fx 10 Enterprise (on a guest machine) and will stay
with it probably long beyond the official year. I didn't upgrade from Fx 1.5
until March 2011 on the host and still use Fx 4 on my host machine.  Not
everyone blindly believes the "latest is the greatest".