John wrote:

Wife's comp (Win7 64 bit) won't remember the default printer in
SeaMonkey. She stubbornly refuses to go with Thunderbird/Firefox,
believe me I have tried! I see from Google this is a long standing bug
but haven't found anything recent. So has the the default printer
problem been addressed/fixed in SeaMonkey version 2.14.1 and I am just
not finding it? If it has been fixed or there is a work around I would
be interested in hearing it.

AFAIK, no. It remembers the last printer you used, even through a restart. If that printer wasn't your system default, it doesn't care, it still remembers it.

The good news is that once you select a printer, it will remember that one indefinitely -- until you select another. So if you always want to use the same printer, select it once and never select another. ;-)

Paul B. Gallagher