Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
Rob wrote:

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
Rob wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
The good news is that once you select a printer, it will remember
that one indefinitely -- until you select another. So if you always
want to use the same printer, select it once and never select
another. ;-)

Yes but most people consider that bad news, not good news.

We had problems with this in the company as well.  People log in to
another workstation, print an e-mail to the printer at that location,
the selected printer and it ends up at the printer where they last
printed (and cannot get at it, have it read by others, etc)

How does your company use SeaMonkey? Are your employees using something
that is run from a server? Otherwise, I can't see how they could get
their own mail when logged into someone else's workstation. At my
company, the only way to get one's own mail was from the individual's
own computer.

Of course we use an IMAP server for mail, and roaming profiles. When you
log in to someone else's computer, the roaming profile is loaded from
the server and with it come all your Seamonkey settings.
(including your IMAP account settings)

When you open Seamonkey you connect to the IMAP server and there is all
your mail.  This also has the advantage that your mail is not lost when
your workstation crashes, and the server of course has backups.

Okay, thanks for the explanation, though I still wonder how a person logs
into someone else's PC, as there would be no user name/password existing
for "roaming" people. Is there only one instance of SeaMonkey installed on
all the workstations?

The use of roaming profiles assumes you're in a domain environment, where logins are checked against Active Directory or some other LDAP provider. User profiles are not normally cached on the workstations since they come from the network server, and usernames don't have to be created on each workstation since they're centrally handled in the Directory services. Workgroups or peer-to-peer networks don't have this central admin or file storage for logins and profiles, and that's where you have to worry about who's login exists on which PCs.