Yes this requires activeX
Rob wrote:
W3BNR <w3...@verizon.net> wrote:
On 1/17/2013 12:06 PM bern...@nospam.com submitted the following:
Anyone know why coupon printer application does not work with Seamonkey. The
coupon printer app is installed when you want to print coupons on sites such as
scjohnson.com which market cleaners and just about everything else for the home
(scrubbing bubbles, etc) and other sites that use the app to print online
coupons with bar codes. It works fine in Internet Explorer. Anyone have a
workaround for this. This is a minor issue so I am not overly concerned about
it. Just want to know if there is a fix.
Bernie

Don't know of any fix, but I agree that it doesn't work.  I go to a site to
print a coupon.  It says I need 'coupon printer' and to download and install it,
and the coupon will print then.  I download and install it and nothing happens
except the site I'm on thinks I printed the coupon and I can't retrieve it to
print again.

I have complained to sites that use this method of printing coupons and most
will then send via snail mail the coupon.

I never have had this work in any version of SeaMonkey with any version of
Windows (up to Version 7).  Always works in IE.

What kind of plugin is that "coupon printer"?
Is it ActiveX?  IE will tell you that when you go to the site without
the plugin installed.