Daniel wrote:

Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
?
Daniel wrote:

Danny, not helping with your problem at all, but why do you want
to send a web page to someone, rather than *just* the link to
the page??

Or am I misinterpreting what you are trying to do??

Sounds right, but that's not what "Send Page" on the context menu
does.

Try it -- open up, say, Google, right-click in a blank part of the
page, and choose "Send Page."

A mail composition window opens with <http://www.google.com/> in
the body (complete with angle brackets!) and www.google.com/ in the
attachment pane. Why the attachment, I don't know, but it has
nothing to do with gmail. It's SeaMonkey that's doing that.

Paul, have you actually tried doing as you suggest above (i.e. send
yourself the link *and* the attachment)??

With the link shown in the body, and the attachment show up in its
little window, I sent the e-mail to myself, and when received, the
attachment was shown below the line (i.e. show attachments in-line),
there was all this information that I had never seen before, e.g.

Part Quote Google Instant is unavailable. Press Enter to
search.Learn more
</support/websearch/bin/answer.py?answer=186645&form=bb&hl=en-AU>
Google Instant is off due to connection speed. Press Enter to search.
Press Enter to search. Screen-reader users, click here to turn off
Google Instant.
</setprefs?prev=https://www.google.com.au/&sig=0_-CJNiLe2iQIW3Iyosa8pVoyNavw%3D&suggon=2>

End part Quote

Amazing what the code can hide!

OK, yes, I did try, twice.

The first attempt was to my gmail address, and sure enough, Google blocked it. There was no notice to the recipient, but they did send a bounce message to the sender: