Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Janine Starykowicz wrote:

How can I revert? I'm not having any font problems, but the busy
cursor is back everywhere, I'm getting frequent "not responding"
messages, and there's a javascript hang that is happening on several
websites. It's not quite as bad as in January, but almost. I'm on
Win7 64-bit if that makes a difference. Did not notice anything on
the WinXP laptop.

I'm on Win7 64-bit as well, and haven't noticed the issues you describe.

The usual recommendation in such situations is to begin by disabling all
add-ins, and then enabling them one at a time until the problems return.

If there are particular websites you are having trouble with, I suggest you
post the URLs here so the experts can check them out. With 800 bazillion web
pages out there, it's
really hard for them to figure out which ones you're talking about without a
clue.

Multiple, mostly news-type, websites. It's the standard unresponsive script popup, but stop script doesn't work (goes away but pops back up) only continue. One site I've gotten it from several times is www.nwitimes.com

This is the script:
chrome://communicator/content/dataman/dataman.js:1101

This is a newish Gateway laptop (December 2012). I had massive problems in January, only add-in at that point was FlashBlock because I though Flash was causing the busy cursor. I've also tried disabling Flash protected mode by adding ProtectedMode=0 to the Flash "mms.cfg" file but can't save the change. The file does not look to be protected.