Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Daniel wrote:
MCBastos wrote:
Interviewed by CNN on 05/10/2013 19:19, Ray Davison told the world:
ss wrote:
Hello all, My question today is, how can I get SM 2.21 go to my
sub-folders to collect mail on web based accounts? e.g. in yahoo I
have
eight message filters which do not stay in the in-box, they go
directly
to their respective folders at yahoo.com. What are the settings for
having sm check the filters to import the messages or is there a
setting
change at yahoo.com I need to make?

I assume you want to bring mail from Yahoo to SM ao that it resides on
your HDD.  If so, just get rid of the filters in Yahoo, create a Yahoo
account in SM, and let SM filter them.

Or else use IMAP, which reproduces locally the server's folder
structure. In fact, Yahoo does not give POP access for free accounts,
but it does give IMAP (although they claim it's "unsupported" for
desktop clients; they say it's "just for phones and tablets"). Although
I find their IMAP behaves slightly oddly.

In advising the OP to download their Yahoo messages and then do the
filtering in SeaMonkey, have you tried it??

I, sort of, recall reading somewhere here-abouts, that filters are not
working, for some reason, and, by-the-by, last night I set up two new
filters on my Usenet account but, tonight, they are not doing anything.

I've used a wide variety of filters on POP3 mail on a dozen or so
different accounts going all the way back to Netscape 4.7, and they have
always worked as expected. Most recently, I've used them on a gmail
account, once I figured out how to tell Google to allow POP mail
downloads, and they worked fine. So if the OP can retrieve Yahoo mail
this way, I expect filters to work as well.

However, I haven't tried filters with newsgroups, so I can't speak
directly to your experience.

Paul - thank you. The challenge is/was getting the already filtered emails into SM.

SM's filters work well, with the exception of when I make errors in setting them up correctly for specific messages.. LOL

Thank you for your input, it is appreciated.

bo1953