On 11/5/2013 1:32 AM, Stéphane Grégoire wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've subscribed to fr.test on some nntp servers and if I want to
> crosspost to fr.test Seamonkey say that I cannot :
>       "L'envoi du message a échoué.
>       Vous ne pouvez envoyer un message qu'à un seul serveur à la
>       fois."
>

> If I unsubscribe of fr.test on all the other nntp servers it works!
>

> Is there an existing bug report on that?

I was never aware that a user could cross-post between multiple
newsgroup servers.  I always thought that cross-posting would work only
to newsgroups all within the same server.

Note that, among non-proprietary newsgroup servers, a message posted to
a newsgroup on one server will propagate to that same newsgroup on the
others.  There is really no point to cross-posting to the same newsgroup
on different servers.  By "non-proprietary newsgroup servers", I mean
general-pupose servers such as Giganews, Eternal September, and
reader.albasani.net.  I call news.mozilla.org a "proprietary server"
since it serves only the users of Mozilla products.

By the way, there is no such newsgroup as fr.test on news.mozilla.org.

--
David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

Where does your elected official stand?  Which
politicians refuse to tell us where they stand?
See the non-partisan Project Vote Smart at
<http://votesmart.org/>.