On 5/8/2014 6:09 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Robert Gault wrote:
>> Tom Pamin wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>> So, do you know if it's possible to play these using SM?
>>
>> There appears to be considerable differences among Seamonkey users on
>> whether the video can be played. It will not work for me and I have
>> tested for Helpers both Windows Media Player and Quicktime 7.7.3.
>> Seamonkey shows that video/mp4 points to these helpers.
>>
>> If I look at the page source with Seamonkey, the entry for mp4 says
>>      <video controls>
>>          <source src="" type="video/mp4">
>>          Your browser does not support playing HTML5 videos.
>>      </video>
>>
>> This may be the problem although I thought that Seamonkey would handle
>> HTML5 sites.
>
> But the file in question is
> <http://wqdatalive.com/uploads/video/TREC/NOAA_RSC_A_2014_05_07_12_02_00.mp4>,
>
> so no HTML5 support is needed.
>
> As a test, I switched my pref from VLC to WMP and the vid still played fine.

If I click that .mp4 link, I get the video in VLC.  But if I clock the
<http://wqdatalive.com/public/55> link and then navigate to Near Shore
Bout and Latest Video, I get the original poster's problem.
Furthermore, if I enable FlashBlock before starting the navigation to
Latest Video, I get an indication that the video is Flash (f in a circle
with the f changing to a right-pointing triangle if I move my cursor
into the area).

--

David E. Ross
<http://www.rossde.com/>

On occasion, I filter and ignore all newsgroup messages
posted through GoogleGroups via Google's G2/1.0 user agent
because of spam, flames, and trolling from that source.