C A Upsdell wrote:
On 2014-07-30 14:45, Mort wrote:

Updating Avast inadvertently downloaded Google Chrome to my H.D.,
(running Windows XP, SP-3). Now, I cannot delete it. It does not
show up
on the list of programs in control panel's section on programs, yet it
is there with a H.D. search. Each time that I attempt to a delete it, I
get a message on screen that it cannot be deleted.

When I attempt to delete Chrome, I get an on-screen note that Admin.
privileges needed, which I in fact have. What also puzzles me is that
the program is on my H.D. and shows up in a search, but is not listed
under programs in control panel.

I wonder whether uninstalling Avast might uninstall Chrome ... since
installing Avast apparently installed Chrome.

I am reluctant to do that, as I would then have no antivirus protection while on line, until I re-installed Avast. Thanks.

Mort Linder