Patrick Turner wrote:
Gee, Thanks for large response to my post.
It seems most of you can read my site OK and don't have problems with images
appearing at different sizes relative to text size in many different browsers
including Sea Monkey, and page colors are OK. But I gave up on Internet
Explorer because search programs kept stealing my settings. IE let so much crap
in, and on my XP machine it just freezes up if I try to start it. I have no
clue what to do about IE, I tried upgrading it to later versions, NOTHING
worked. I now know to never use the shit.

Mr Smith seemed he might have summed it up, and suggested I try screen
resolution change and or zoom change and others said I ought to try altering
pixel sizes in advanced edit. All far easier said than done.
Advanced edit in SM didn't change any image sizes while editing! I cannot stop
SM making images look too big, enlarging by about 1.5x, and DUMB SM doesn't
allow both text size AND image sizes to be altered during composing and done so
it still all looks well on other browsers - on MY PC anyway.

Possibly my flat screen PC monitor is the problem and the plug in card is crap, because 3
years ago when I was on my first and then second 17" CRO monitor I never had this bother.
I dare not touch ANYTHING in how the monitor is set up now because it was sold to me by an
"expert" who went to some trouble to get the right card after struggling over 3
visits with terrible picture quality compared to the old CRO. Finally the expert got the
flatty to give a good clear picture. BUT, no colors in page with SM, Firefox, and wrong image
sizes, BUT Chrome is just fine, and all other general PC uses and image prep is fine.

So thanks for the input, but I remain quite ignorant on why SM and Firefox
display my own pages so badly while its perfectly OK on Chrome!!!!

Smith said...."For that, please give Safe Mode a try:  Help -> Restart with
Add-ons disabled. Besides temporarily disabling your add-ons,it will allow you
to see how things behave with mostly default settings for personal
preferences.
I may be wrong, but I think chances are significant that you're bumping
into an obscure preferences setting that may be causing your problems.
Smith

The trouble with PCs is that whenever I try something someone recommends, it
never works out, and I waste time. There was only ever a remote chance someone
might know something here, because of COWPAT theorem.

COWPAT = Chance Of Working Perfectly Any Time = 1 / N squared, where N is the
number of things about which blokes disagree with at forums or things I feel
vague about, or things I forgot, or things Bill Gates didn't tell everyone
about, or things SM blokes didn't think would ever happen. And it is then so
easy for N = 20, so Cowpat = 1/400 = 0.0025, = so there's SFA chance to fix
anything, except get a new PC and hope it works better.

Well, I did get a "better" PC 2 years ago, with Windows 7, but I found MSPaint
had been dumbed down even worse than it was in XP' It was best in W98. And because I draw
so many schematics with MSPaint, I kept going with XP and the imported flat screen
because if it ain't broke completely, I must keep usin' it.

Of course expert could have sold me dud he didn't know was so duddy. Duddies
dud out bad when used beyond a narrow range of compatibles. Every possible way
of start up with flat screen was tried while trying to get it to work. Hoo Noze
what's really wrong? But only $100 involved, not a grand, phew.

Patrick Turner.

Probably way off base here, and note that I have never used Composer (not a Web designer). My comment comes solely from your statement above, which can be read to mean that you are trying some of the suggestions when in Composer mode. The suggestion to try safe mode assumed, I believe, that you'd be looking at your site through the SM browser.

Just a thought. If I read it wrong, I apologize for taking your time.

Larry S.