Robert Steinmetz wrote:
On 03/20/2015 04:58 PM, mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
Rob Steinmetz wrote:
I just upgraded to 2.33 and Lightning is broke, at least on my computer.
I upgraded to Lightning 3.8b2 and nothing works. I tried the
calendar.icaljs fix posed elsewhere but it was already set to false.

Any ideas I don't seem to be alone but it is apparently somewhat random.

Works fine for me - SeaMonkey 2.33 and Lightning 3.8b2 on Windows Vista.

What does "nothing works" mean? Does SeaMonkey not even start with
Lightning installed? Does it start but crash immediately? Does SeaMonkey
start OK, but there's no "Events and Tasks" menu in mail & news? Does
Lightning show up in the Extensions section of add-ons manager? Does
that give any clues as to why its not working (e.g. it might be
disabled)?

Mark.

Seamonkey works as usual however whenever the calendar or tasks tabs is
open the toll bar is greyed out and the calendar pane is blank, no dates
or events. When I receive an invitation by email it does not open or get
makes as read.

So you've got the "Events and Tasks" menu, and can open the Calendar and Tasks tabs, but they come up blank? I think I may have had something similar one time when I upgraded SeaMonkey but Lightning didn't update to the correct version to match.

Check your SeaMonkey and Lightning versions, to make sure the upgrades have installed correctly:
- Help > About SeaMonkey should show version 2.33
- Tools > Add-ons Manager > Extensions > Lightning should be 3.8b2
Some extensions install separately for each user / profile, so it may be that Lightning has been updated for one user but not others.

It looks like your original message was sent from Windows XP? I don't know if that might be a problem; anyone successfully running SeaMonkey 2.33 / Lightning 3.8b2 on Windows XP please chime in!

Which language do you have SeaMonkey set to use? Lightning 3.7b1 seemed to be missing most languages, and I wonder if 3.8b2 still has problems in languages other than English?

What other extensions do you have installed? May be a conflict with one of those. Perhaps try going to Tools > Add-ons Manager > Extensions and disabling all except Lightning, then restart and see if Lightning works.

Safe mode is no use here, since it disables all add-ons, but it may be worth creating a new profile and see if Lightning works there. Tools > Switch Profile > Manage Profiles, create a new profile then use it. You might also need to install lightning into that profile. This may not be a permanent solution, but at least gives information as to whether it's something in your profile causing the problem. You can switch back to your usual profile (usually named "default") after trying this.

Hopefully those checks will give some clues...

Mark.