Please see my answers below.

mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:

Which language do you have SeaMonkey set to use? Lightning 3.7b1 seemed
to be missing most languages, and I wonder if 3.8b2 still has problems
in languages other than English?

The Only Language installed US English

What other extensions do you have installed? May be a conflict with one
of those. Perhaps try going to Tools > Add-ons Manager > Extensions and
disabling all except Lightning, then restart and see if Lightning works.

I have no new extensions I have only:

LookOut+
Remove Duplicates

The previous version of Lightning workd just fine with them

Safe mode is no use here, since it disables all add-ons, but it may be
worth creating a new profile and see if Lightning works there. Tools >
Switch Profile > Manage Profiles, create a new profile then use it. You
might also need to install lightning into that profile. This may not be
a permanent solution, but at least gives information as to whether it's
something in your profile causing the problem. You can switch back to
your usual profile (usually named "default") after trying this.

Hopefully those checks will give some clues...

Mark.

I have seem reports of both Windows 7 and Windows 8 not working and reports of both working.