On 06/19/2015 01:56 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> Kevin L. Hill wrote:
>
>> On 06/18/2015 10:31 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
>>>
>>> Steps to reproduce?
>>>
>> Thank you Paul,
>>
>> Start Seamonkey 2.33.1 in safe mode with addons disabled.
>> mega.co.nz
>
> I'm using 2.33.1 and don't need to rule out add-ons as suspects since I
> don't have the issue (no crime therefore no culprit).
>
>> I contacted Mega (since they asked so nicely in the error message) and
>> in their reply, they asked me to "...check whether SeaMonkey disables
>> localStorage by default? Open the JavaScript console and type
>>
>> localStorage.length
>>
>> If you get 0 as a result, it is enabled, and the bug is on our side.
>
> I get 0. But I also get a prompt from SeaMonkey saying the page
> (http://jsconsole.com/) is asking to store data locally, and offering
> the options [Always Allow], [Never for This Site], and [Not Now]. I
> ignored it.
>
>> Using Tools - Web Development - Error Console, I typed in
>> localStorage.length and I get an error message "TypeError: localStorage
>> is null" exactly as Mega reports in their error message.
>>
>> Thanks again for your help.
>
> OK, I opened the Error Console and cleared the listing, then loaded
> mega.co.nz, which generated dozens of errors and warnings (I didn't
> bother counting, but I'd guess it was over 100). I filtered on
> "localStorage.length" and they all vanished -- there were no messages
> containing that string.
>
> Have you checked your permissions for mega.co.nz? In the Data Manager,
> enter that string in the search window at upper left. I see only one
> cookie that they saved, "geoip," and no restrictions on what they can do
> other than my general policies.

This ended up at the bottom of my email but I know better than to bury
the lede.

SOLVED (I think) !!

Searching about:config for 'storage' in both Seamonkey and Firefox I
found that 'dom.storage.enabled' was set to True in Firefox and False in
Seamonkey.  Setting Seamonkey to match Firefox, I am able to load
Mega.co.nz in both browsers.

Found this after the fact:
http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-disable-new-kind-cookie-called-dom-storage.htm

Apparently this setting cannot be changed from the GUI (hope I'm wrong
about this).

My original response to your email:
Starting with the error console open and cleared the listing and loaded
mega.co.nz.

The browser displays the error which I have listed earlier about not
being able to initialize local storage.

I cleared the error message

The the error console adds the error:
TypeError: localStorage is null
https://mega.co.nz/secureboot.js?r=1434585458

followed by  7 warning messages.

Like you the only permission entry is in Data Manager for geoip.