Larry S. wrote:
That is exactly the way we have it. Makes no difference. We still get
the error message:"The file
/C:/Users/Linda/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/SeaMonkey/Profiles/rtfmbopb.default/bookmarks.html
cannot be found. Please check the location and try again.". That's the
profile that was deleted.

Tried all the suggestions. About ready to give up!

Okay let's do some basic testing.

1) Why does the error message have a leading "/" before the "C:"? Maybe a relative vs absolute path mixup?

2) I am going to assume the correct profile you want is "rtfmbopb.default", does the folder "C:/Users/Linda/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/SeaMonkey/Profiles/rtfmbopb.default" exist?

If NO then go to step 5, else if YES go to step 3

3)First copy "C:/Users/Linda/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/SeaMonkey/profiles.ini" to C:/Users/Linda/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/SeaMonkey/profiles.ini.backup". Then open "C:/Users/Linda/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/SeaMonkey/profiles.ini". It should look like this, NOTE the "Name=" maybe different than 'default' like 'Linda':

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=1
Path=Profiles/rtfmbopb.default

If is doesn't look like above then change it to the above and save the file and start seamonkey "seamonkey -p default" or whatever that name value you have above.

Does it now open without the error?
If YES then you are done, else go to step 4

4) Check that there is a file "bookmarks.html" in that folder (I think it should create one if missing, but if not just create an empty text file with that name and try starting seamonkey again.

If you still have an error, I'm out of ideas...

5) Go to "C:/Users/Linda/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/SeaMonkey/Profiles/" and find the name of the profile your really want. Then edit backup profiles.ini like step 3 and edit the profiles.ini and change the Name= setting to the actual folder name for the profile. Start seamonkey "seamonkey -p default" or whatever that name value you have above.

Does it open without the error?
YES then you are done, else go to step 4 and check for the existence of the bookmarks.html file.

--
Take care,

Jonathan