mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote, on 11 Oct 16 18:52:

... the main point would be that SM seems to open or show messages
using the 'last-used' text encoding, not the one specified in the
e-mail's properties (which, IMHO, should be considered a bug).

I agree this doesn't seem right. It's been a minor annoyance for me for
a while, and I keep meaning to look into it a bit more and file a bug
report. I've managed to produce a couple of example messages and
reproduce the use of incorrect encodings when opening them, including
corrupting a draft message.

I'm out of time tonight, but hopefully will be able to file a bug report
tomorrow...

From what I've seen in this forum, filing a bug report may be useful for SM development, but is unlikely to bring quick results, since the devs have so much more, and more important, things to attend to (and I do appreciate and thank them all for their efforts and helpfulness).

If that's true, filing a bug report would definitely be a good thing, but personally I'll have to concentrate on workarounds (or process steps) which will allow me to no longer have this problem in the immediate future.

As I said, I'm currently migrating to a XP/7 dual-boot system, so I can't concentrate on that, but all the comments and suggestions given here so far have indicated several things I can try out without too much effort/time; what I'm still unsure of is how I should define all those variables in SM/Mail involving text encoding and fonts in a coherent manner, adequate to a multi-language mail 'system'...

--
Thanks beforehand for your attention, and I hope to hear from you soon.

s) Alexander Yudenitsch   <ale...@postpro.net>