DoctorBill wrote:
Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:

I ordered some machine stuff out of China on the
Internet and have gotten the items
quickly and w/o BS (Spam).  But just lately I
think the last one sold my address to spammers.
COACH Outlet
Pandora Store
If I understood what to do with the SM Filter(s),
maybe I could at least get those dumped as they
come in.
My problem is that if I don't work with these
tools on a constant basis, I forget all the
details - one cannot keep up with all the myriad
details of today's digital world !  Not possible -
- especially if you are a senior (74).
I can't remember what I ate for dinner last night!

Use gmail for online purchases.  New vendor = new
gmail address.
I must have had 30 or 40 gmail addresses by now.
When the spam starts I delete that address from
Google.
I never give out my main ISP address.

Clever !  Wish I had thought of that !  Smart fellow !

I am off to start a new gmail account.

I should make the Username "Don'tSpamMe"

DoctorBill

I was speaking of web gmail and not pop or imap.
Gmail allows mail forwarding and you can turn that on and off as needed.
I fwd several of the important gmail accts to my main isp mail.
My gmail verification (they will ask) is another gmail account.