Richard Owlett wrote:
The immediate problem revolves around the differing screen aspect
ratios. The screen of the T430 is shorter by ~1.5 inches while
maintaining an ~14 inch diagonal.

While researching the various layouts SeaMonkey can use, I would like
to use both machines for email. Leaving my email on the POP server
is not an option [a *personal* decision not based on tech issues].

I've couple of screwy ideas for keeping both machines in step.

To me "keeping in step" just means maintaining the same mail files on multiple machines. And if it is just you changing machines once in a while, "copy" works fine. I do that every time I go on the road and return.

As for different aspect ratios, I have wide screen LCD and narrow CRTs. I don't pay any attention to the difference.

Ray