On 01/19/2017 12:04 PM, Ray Davison wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
The immediate problem revolves around the differing screen aspect
ratios. The screen of the T430 is shorter by ~1.5 inches while
maintaining an ~14 inch diagonal.

While researching the various layouts SeaMonkey can use, I
would like
to use both machines for email. Leaving my email on the POP server
is not an option [a *personal* decision not based on tech issues].

I've couple of screwy ideas for keeping both machines in step.

To me "keeping in step" just means maintaining the same mail
files on multiple machines.  And if it is just you changing
machines once in a while, "copy" works fine.  I do that every
time I go on the road and return.

In my case it is likely to 2 or 3 times a day and I wanted to avoid copying the whole mail folder of my profile that many times [stuck with USB2 at the moment].

I've partially tested a similar routine.
1. The highest priority filter copies all incoming emails to a temp folder. 2. When I'm going to use the other machine, only that folder needs to be copied
   to flash for transfer.
3. On the target machine, copy that file to the appropriate location before
   starting SeaMonkey.
4. When SeaMonkey starts, move contents of that folder to Inbox and manually run
   filters to file in appropriate folders.
5. The temp folder is now empty and waiting for new incoming.
6. Few outgoing mails I create on the older machine will copied to the newer
   machine's Sent folder by export/import as eml files.

As for different aspect ratios, I have wide screen LCD and narrow
CRTs. I don't pay any attention to the difference.

I take it that you're not of the tri-focal generation ;/

Ray