Richard Owlett wrote:

In my case it is likely to 2 or 3 times a day

and I wanted to avoid copying the whole mail folder of my profile
that many times [stuck with USB2 at the moment].

I suspect you don't change the profile several times a day. So, if you first get the profile away from the app, and then get the mail out of the profile, is makes copying just what has changed easier. And then, have whatever function you use to copy, have it only copy what has changed. There probably has not been a lot that has changed in a few hours. And, make A match B can be a one button operation.

And, while "syncing" can be automated, I want any overwriting of files to be only at the precise moment I chose. No "auto updates". That reduces surprises.

copied to flash for transfer.

Is there some reason you are stuck with sneaker net rather than direct machine-to-machine?

As for different aspect ratios, I have wide screen LCD and narrow
CRTs. I don't pay any attention to the difference.

I take it that you're not of the tri-focal generation ;/

Oh, I am way beyond that. But I got Lasik so I can drive without glasses, and I have a family of short range glasses which basically cover reading, computer and under a dashboard. Some soldering is with a ten power head band.

Ray