Ray Davison wrote:
mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:

Just don't go changing the letter of the drive Windows is
installed on!

My desktops have five OSs.  I have a 2G FAT16 primary at the front,
and every other partition on the entire machine is a logical.  I
attempt to have all OSs have all the same drive letters for every
drive.  So I attempt to assign them in physical order.  You can
assign your choice of drive letter to an XP boot partition, and I do.
W7, while it is running, is going to be C, no choice.  So while W7 is
running, the FAT16 at the front, which is normally C, takes the
letter of whatever that W7 is seen as by other OSs.

And Mozilla apps are on one partition and Mozilla data -profile, mail- are on another partition. And those partitions have the same drive letter on every desk top and laptop. That way both the apps and data are transparently portable. They internally always reference the same drive letters. So they can be copied between machines and they never know they moved.

Ray