On 23/01/2017 1:37 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 1/22/2017 8:05 AM, mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
On 1/22/2017 2:16 AM, Daniel wrote:
Well, O.K., then, why not put your profile on your flash
drive, and then point both SeaMonkey's to your profile on the
flash drive

As far as I know WinXP has no equivalent of Debian's "mount by
label" etc. WinXP assigns a drive letter based on how many drives
it has discovered. I see no way automatically associate a
particular drive letter with a particular flash drive
absolutely.

Hmm, I hadn't considered that myself, so just as well mbourne new the solution!

It should be possible to assign specific drive letters to specific
drives. The following is based on Vista, but I gather it should be
similar on XP: - From Control Panel in Classic view, open
Administrative Tools then Computer Management. - In the left-hand
pane, under "Storage" select "Disk Management". - Right-click the
drive in the right-hand pane and select "Change Driver Letter and
Paths". - Click "Change", choose letter, then click OK.

If you pick a letter towards the end of the alphabet, you'll
minimise the chance of Windows automatically assigning the same
letter to another removable drive. Then each time you insert that
drive, it should always get the same letter.

As Sgt. Schultz might say "Interesting....VERY interesting". I've
been a Windows user since the days of 3.1 and never came across
that. Thank you.

I was going to type "You're showing your age, Richard.", but then Hogans Hero's is still being shown on T.V. here so you might be only twenty-something!! ;-P

Just don't go changing the letter of the drive Windows is installed
on!

Who? Me? <owl ducks fer cover ;>

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.46 Build identifier: 20161213183751
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101
SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150903203501