On 21/01/2017 11:44 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 1/21/2017 5:47 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 21/01/2017 2:17 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 1/20/2017 8:12 AM, Mason83 wrote:
On 20/01/2017 12:47, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 1/19/2017 4:13 PM, Mason83 wrote:
On 19/01/2017 12:43, Richard Owlett wrote:

The immediate problem revolves around the differing screen
aspect
ratios. The screen of the T430 is shorter by ~1.5 inches while
maintaining an ~14 inch diagonal.

While researching the various layouts SeaMonkey can use, I
would
like to use both machines for email. Leaving my email on
the POP
server is not an option [a *personal* decision not based on
tech
issues].

I've couple of screwy ideas for keeping both machines in step.
I would like to hear the ideas of others before I muddy the
waters.
Thank you.

You want to sync an email account, but not through the email
server?
So IMAP is out of the question? Then obviously, you need to
sync the
local storage, no way around that.

Y-E-S As they say "the devil is in the details" ;/

Details such as, which OS are both PCs running.

I'm approaching this from an OS agnostic point-of-view.
[See my reply to Ray Davison yesterday]
In my specific case it could be
   Linux <--> WinXP Pro
or
   Linux <--> Linux
Depending on conditions outside the scope of this thread.

Richard, do you dual boot your OS's??

Not in the traditional sense ;/

I have one laptop on which I dual boot Win7 and various Linux's.
I have SeaMonkey installed on both OS's and have the profile on
a Win7 drive, as Linux can "see" and, therefore, use that same profile.

The T430 has only Debian Jessie.
The T43 nominally has only WinXP Pro.
I say "nominally" because (from an unrelated project) I do have a
bootable copy of Debian Jessie on a flash drive. It requires I must
manually interrupt the T43's boot sequence.

Running Debian on the T43 would simplify things specific to this thread
but complicate my life in other ways. In the near future some off topic
issues should be resolved and the whole problem should just go away.

Well, O.K., then, why not put your profile on your flash drive, and then point both SeaMonkey's to your profile on the flash drive

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.46 Build identifier: 20161213183751
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150903203501