Richard Owlett wrote:
On 1/22/2017 2:16 AM, Daniel wrote:
Well, O.K., then, why not put your profile on your flash drive,
and then point both SeaMonkey's to your profile on the flash drive

As far as I know WinXP has no equivalent of Debian's "mount by label"
etc.
WinXP assigns a drive letter based on how many drives it has
discovered.
I see no way automatically associate a particular drive letter with
a particular flash drive absolutely.

It should be possible to assign specific drive letters to specific drives. The following is based on Vista, but I gather it should be similar on XP: - From Control Panel in Classic view, open Administrative Tools then Computer Management.
- In the left-hand pane, under "Storage" select "Disk Management".
- Right-click the drive in the right-hand pane and select "Change Driver Letter and Paths".
- Click "Change", choose letter, then click OK.

If you pick a letter towards the end of the alphabet, you'll minimise the chance of Windows automatically assigning the same letter to another removable drive. Then each time you insert that drive, it should always get the same letter.

Just don't go changing the letter of the drive Windows is installed on!

--
Mark.