On 25/10/19 22:00, WaltS48 wrote:
... >

Actually feature detection is the preferred way to tell if a browser can display the site. ...

Which we all know, and so do people at Google, as their blog shows. But when it comes to their major online product, that all goes out of the window, down the toilet, or somewhere else. Hence the (strained) hilarity.

Mozilla's advice "your first step is to try to avoid [UA sniffing] if possible" is a bit soft. Just don't do it.

I suppose G's dodgy search pages lump the SeaMonkey UA with some buggy mobile browser.

/df

--
London
UK