WaltS48 wrote:
On 2/19/21 4:18 PM, DoctorBill wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:
Been having problems with cursor Freezing up.  Total Lockup.
Have to kill compuker and restart.   I figured it was the amount of "Free Space" on my hard drive, so I moved a lot of Picture Files to a Thumbdrive.

Of a 250 GB Solid State Drive I now have ~ 40 GB has been free'd up.

Also my Cache size was determined by SM.   So I SET the max Cache Size
to 4 GB.    Huge, but I don't know what else to do to stop the Mouse Cursor
Freeze Ups.   HP Optical Mouse.  Windows 7 with 'Updates" turned OFF.
Virus and Trojan free (Malwarebytes).  Could I be going too fast transferring ?

So - is a possible of 4 GB of Cache Good ?

Any suggestions of why Cursor freezes up.  Usually when I am viewing graphics files or about to save them.  Always happens when using SM....and Paint.net and GraphicsWorkShop Pro (Alchemy Mindworks).  Usually Windows Explorer on, too.

DoctorBill

I guess 4 GB Cache is irrelevant - it froze right after I saved the above Post !

DB

Try 100GB.

I only have ~40 GB freed up.   16% of my SSDrive's capacity.  That's IT...

DB