Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:
Been having problems with cursor Freezing up.  Total Lockup.
Have to kill compuker and restart.   I figured it was the amount of "Free
Space" on my hard drive, so I moved a lot of Picture Files to a Thumbdrive.

Of a 250 GB Solid State Drive I now have ~ 40 GB has been free'd up.

Also my Cache size was determined by SM.   So I SET the max Cache Size
to 4 GB.    Huge, but I don't know what else to do to stop the Mouse Cursor
Freeze Ups.   HP Optical Mouse.  Windows 7 with 'Updates" turned OFF.
Virus and Trojan free (Malwarebytes).  Could I be going too fast transferring ?

So - is a possible of 4 GB of Cache Good ?

Any suggestions of why Cursor freezes up.  Usually when I am viewing graphics files or about to save them.  Always happens when using SM....and Paint.net and GraphicsWorkShop Pro (Alchemy Mindworks).  Usually Windows Explorer on, too.

DoctorBill

How much ram do you have?
64 bit o/s?
This machine has 16GB ram and my web cache is set to Zero.
Don't need a cache with enough ram.
Also, try turning hardware acceleration on or off.
https://appuals.com/disable-hardware-acceleration-windows-7-8-8-1-10/

My system 3.10 GHz, 64 bit, 8 GB RAM. 250 GB SS HD, 18% (41,6 GB) free.

DoctorBill