Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:
Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
DoctorBill wrote:
Been having problems with cursor Freezing up.  Total Lockup.
Have to kill compuker and restart.   I figured it was the amount of "Free Space" on my hard drive, so I moved a lot of Picture Files to a Thumbdrive.

Of a 250 GB Solid State Drive I now have ~ 40 GB has been free'd up.

Also my Cache size was determined by SM.   So I SET the max Cache Size
to 4 GB.    Huge, but I don't know what else to do to stop the Mouse Cursor
Freeze Ups.   HP Optical Mouse.  Windows 7 with 'Updates" turned OFF.
Virus and Trojan free (Malwarebytes).  Could I be going too fast transferring ?

So - is a possible of 4 GB of Cache Good ?

Any suggestions of why Cursor freezes up.  Usually when I am viewing graphics files or about to save them.  Always happens when using SM....and Paint.net and GraphicsWorkShop Pro (Alchemy Mindworks).  Usually Windows Explorer on, too.

DoctorBill

How much ram do you have?
64 bit o/s?
This machine has 16GB ram and my web cache is set to Zero.
Don't need a cache with enough ram.
Also, try turning hardware acceleration on or off.
https://appuals.com/disable-hardware-acceleration-windows-7-8-8-1-10/

My system  3.10 GHz,  64 bit,  8 GB RAM.   250 GB SS HD,  18% (41,6 GB) free.

DoctorBill

The specs on your comp are quite good.  You really don't need much of a cache, or any cache. Something else is freezing up the cursor.
Try the hardware acceleration suggestion above.
Turn it off if on and on if off and see.

PAUL -

I followed the link on accessing the Hardware Acceleration and the Button was greyed out.
Not available for on/off control.
I DO NOT want to mess with the Registry !

If the Cache size has nothing to do with it, no Malware found - what else ?
It happens when messing with transfer or saving of Graphics. I often take photos of my hobby stuff with digital cameras, edit the photos mostly with Paint.net (adding labels and modifying Contrast & Saturation), then save then send to others via E-Mail or enter them in Forums. Antiques. At unexpected times the Cursor won't move. Lockup.
Can't Ctrl-Atl-Del to the Task Manager.  Have to turn computer off then.

I shouldn't be getting this with 8 GB of RAM. It is an HP Office Computer bought used with Intel Core I 3.1 GHz 8 GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro. Been working fine until just recently.

Could this be coming from various online sites boogering up Windows 7 because MS wants them to reject it....Or am I just zipping around TOO FAST for the Win 7 software to keep the cursor from going off in the software programming lines of commands. i.e. demanding
more than this machine can handle quickly enough ?   Stuck in a "Do Loop" ?

DoctorBill