On Mon, Jul 19, 2004 at 05:51:20PM +0200, Zenon Panoussis wrote:

> Toad wrote:
>
> [loglevel]
>
> >Okay, this is your basic problem. I don't even use logLevel=debug any
> >more. It produces crazy amounts of data, uses a lot of CPU, and the
> >system cannot keep up. I doubt that feeding it through a FIFO will make
> >that much difference - much of it is probably the generation side (as
> >well as the syscalls).
>
> Hm. That was it, although I did everything you suggested in one
> go (maximumThreads=60, doCPULoad=true with overloadLow=0.8), so
> I don't know to what extent the latter also helped. Anyway, the
> load is down to a very decent 0.20 - 0.30, so I could even
> increase some of these values. All is well that ends well, except...
>
> >I recommend you set the following:
> >logLevelDetail=freenet.client:debug

You did uncomment it, right?

> >That should catch all the URIs, probably. You don't need debug log level
> >on everything else, and having it will really mess stuff up.
>
> ...that now the URIs don't get logged. Grrr. I think I'll let
> this rest for a while, go out have a coffee, and then look at
> the source when I get back. There must be a simple way of
> adding logLevel:URI to the thing. If I figure out how, I could
> have it write logs in the format "INSERT INTO <table> <URI> etc;"
> and let mysql pick them up straight from the FIFO...

That's strange. What URIs were you after? Freenet does not know the
URIs of data that passes through the node, only those requested locally.
Most of these would go through freenet.client... some might go through
freenet.node.states.FCP, and there are a few internal ones.