"Saying "freenet sucks, it's gotten worse, it'll never get better", and
implying that this is because of the people building it, is not helpful.
Saying and implying it to newbies when we are particularly vulnerable
due to our slow initial performance due to freenet taking a while to
learn where stuff is is particularly unhelpful, and not compatible with
being allowed to represent the project by having an @freenetproject.org
address."

That's bull. You have to know what you want. Ian says (on the lists) it's
because I don't use it anymore, you say it's because I promote I2P to the
detriment of Freenet, and now says it's because I say to newbies that it
sucks.

First of all, I never said freenet should be abandonned; I say it should be
revamped to work with the underlying I2P framework. How is this, in any way,
to the detriment of Freenet? On the contrary, I believe it would save
Freenet. And Freenet *does* suck, you said so much yourself. Certainly, you
also claim it's a lot better, but I haven't seen any proof of that yet, and
I'm speaking in end-user terms, not in the amount of new code being put in.
In my experience, it's not working much better then the early 0.5 build,
before the network collapsed.

Saying to newbies it works badly when it does, can hardly be a reason to
pull out the plug on the account. You can contest how much it really sucks,
but seen the complaints of newbies and my own experiences, it's not like
*your* own experiences are the sole measurement to determine that. And you
*do* acknowledge it doesn't really work well, at least in some aspects.

The truth is mentionned in the email I received from Ian, which is: he got
pissed off by the criticism I gave. All the rest is afterwards-re-excusing
things. The account is used for letting people ask me questions about
freenet and freenethelp; do you think it's fair that this is now being
deleted, as a childish punishment because of what I say? If you want to
react, react with words, or ignore me, but actively doing an action that
supercedes free speech is going a lot further. You claim it was not helpful,
but the newbie in question finds it was, and I agree bringing the
expectations down to earth is FAR better then always claiming so
over-optimistically how improved things are.

The truth is, and you know as well as me, that it was a tit-for-tat
reaction, that supercedes the boundaries of free speech, and you know it. I
never used the account for anything else then for fondraising (which I
stopped doing since I noticed the development got stuck and things were not
improving in the newbie-end-users' perspective), and for people that contact
me with questions. So, how, exactly, does it help to delete it? Should I
re-ask installment when I go searching for sponsors again when the 0.6
version comes out? Your reaction amounts to: 'too much criticism, let's make
it clear we don't like it'; not an adult reaction, but if it stayed by
words, it would be understandable. Now, it isn't.

Even if one would be of the opinion that it's a rational, logical decision,
the LEAST you could do, was to reinstate it for a copple of weeks, so I have
the time to point people that the account isn't working anymore and to
rechange the links. (That won't help with the sponsor searching for the 0.6,
but, by your own reckoning, I won't do that, because I'm not 'helpful' (at
least you seem think so, the people that actually felt helped seem to be
conveniently forgotten).

This is not about me 'abusing' Freenet; I have put too much effort in it for
anyone to seriously suggest that; it's about you guys being pissed of by my
remarks that at least *I* (and I'm REALLY not the only one) feel are valid,
based on my own experiences and what I hear from noobs. You can disagree
with what I say, but it doesn't mean it's fair to put a burden on me and
other users, because you guys feel offended.