  From: Sean Cavanaugh
  To: support@pfsense.com
  Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2007 8:11 AM
  Subject: Re: [pfSense Support] LAN / WAN Disconnections continue in 1.2-RC1,
Intel Pro/1000GT NICs with 370M RAM

  considering smoothwall is based on linux whereas pfSense is based on FreeBSD,
I lean towards it being a driver issue with your setup. using cheapo cards like
the linksys or Netgear ones can cause this. try and get a higher level card
like a 3com 3c905c or intel card. I personally run the gigabit Netgear card
with hardware offloading internally and a 3com WAN side and it runs with zero
issue.

  -Sean