From: Tebano epaminonda [mailto:l_epa_m_ino...@hotmail.com]
Sent: June 12, 2009 9:18 AM
To: support@pfsense.com
Subject: RE: [pfSense Support] Multiwan suggestions before v. 2.0 ...

> Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 09:03:45 -0400
> From: evgeny.yurche...@frontline.ca

---

Hi Eugene.
Yes, You're right.
I've now solved my initial misconfiguration, but during this process, I've
removed also the carp.
So, the reason for which I'm asking more info about the issue is just related
to my fear to re-introduce the original configuration, without know which are
the risks...
I've read about a possible "broadcast storm"... It doesn't sound "relaxing"...
What do You suggest me?
Thanks a lot.
Cheers,
Tebano.

Invite your mail contacts to join your friends list with Windows Live Spaces.
It's easy! Try it!
<http://spaces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mkt=en-us>

'Broadcast storm' is coming from loadbalancer not from carp. I've seen that it
is fixed in latest releases though did not have time to test it.

If you know what WAS your problem and how you DID fix it then you can safely
introduce carp.

Eugene.