Keenan Tims wrote:
Quoting Roberto Greiner <mrgrei...@gmail.com>:

Could it be something mwith the fact that my box is a Xen virtual server?

Perhaps posting the generated leases file (or an excerpt of it) would be helpful? I don't see how this would be directly related to your use of Xen, though I suppose if your network configuration is badly broken you might see this.

Keenan

At beginning of the file I have the following:

failover peer "dhcp0" state {
 my state normal at 3 2009/10/14 14:23:17;
 partner state normal at 3 2009/10/14 14:13:17;
}
lease 172.16.89.254 {
 starts 3 2009/10/14 17:04:35;
 ends 3 2009/10/14 19:04:35;
 tsfp 3 2009/10/14 20:04:35;
 atsfp 3 2009/10/14 20:04:35;
 cltt 3 2009/10/14 17:04:35;
 binding state active;
 next binding state expired;
 hardware ethernet 00:0a:e4:5e:b5:a3;
}

That IP is for the notebook I'm using for setup.

After that, there are thousand of entries like the following:

lease 172.16.255.254 {
 starts 3 2009/10/14 14:08:33;
 binding state backup;
}

All with IPs ranging from 172.16.50.0 to 172.16.255.254 (The range I used when
setting DHCP).

At the very end of the file I got the following:
lease 172.16.89.254 {
 starts 3 2009/10/14 17:56:52;
 ends 3 2009/10/14 19:56:52;
 tsfp 3 2009/10/14 20:56:52;
 atsfp 3 2009/10/14 20:56:52;
 cltt 3 2009/10/14 17:56:52;
 binding state active;
 next binding state expired;
 hardware ethernet 00:0a:e4:5e:b5:a3;
}

It's the same IP as in the start of the file. Is that expected? An effect of having two servers with DHCP due to CARP?

Roberto

               Marcos Roberto Greiner

  Os otimistas acham que estamos no melhor dos mundos
   Os pessimistas tem medo de que isto seja verdade
                                 James Branch Cabell