> Hi Ryan,
>
> I'm just testing an atom wth re(4) but the NIC-Chip shouldn't
> be the problem.
> I started a thread in the Forum, so i don't want to crosspost here.
>
> http://forum.pfsense.org/index.php/topic,19808.0.html
>
> I just try to build a Kernel working with that board and PF-Sense ...

I find most of these Atom board use realtek nics.  I gues in an attempt to
keep cost down.  I am not interested in atom for its size or power
consumption. I guess i am stange, but i like the idea of building a decent
system for under $250

For the price of the MSI board mentioned in a different post, I can buy a
chaep Intel MB and processor for about $160 and have room for expansion.  I
like the <$120 price range expecially since it includes the processor. That
pus a cheap case with PSU ($30), 3 intel nics ($20 each - 6$, and a
transcend ide or sata disk module ($30) and i have a working system for
$240.  If it had 2 onboard intel nics, that drops $40 off the price and
leaves room for expansion.

I also like the low poer consumtion and low heat that mans i can slap a
larger heatsink and get rid of the processor fan.  That helps eliminate a
point of failure and maintance.  Just my $.02

PS.  sorry for top posting earlier.