Folks:

This is one of the "standard" approaches to technical standards  nowadays.

Get everyone interested to step up and pay-to-pay, divide up the issues,
hire a professional association manager (i.e. Florencia Dazzi is with Assoc.
Mgmt. Solutions.), etc . . . and give away the specifications.

The goal is to have something for the home theater receiver DSP coders to
aim at (whereas back when I was involved with IEEE 802 it was for the chip
designers).

The coders will make money selling microcode, Onkyo et al will make  money
selling receivers, Holophone et al will make money selling microphones and
so on.

Clearly there needs to a HEIGHT addition to 5.1, since 3D video is the only
 available NBT (Next Big Thing) for home video.  The TVs are here and the
studios are ready to rock-and-roll.  3D sports and music are a  "no-brainer."

Btw, this is why I have been asking about Z-AXIS -- which seems to  have
been MAG's keen interest all along -- on this list for the past  year+.  As
you might recall, the list has had little to say.  <g>

Since there is apparently NO company with a stake in Ambisonics, who will
pay-to-pay on behalf of Ambisonics?

Mark Stahlman
Brooklyn NY

In a message dated 12/22/2010 9:11:07 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,