RFI protection is a complex & little understood subject. "Pro" mikes differ
hugely in their susceptibility.  There are famous mikes from famous names which
are terrible.  The preamp input also needs to be RFI proofed.

Though I lust after a SD 788, Jim Brown says its input socket shells may not be
connected to chassis.  ".. I've seen it in connectors built into very good
quality preamps and mics from a variety of manufacturers.  So far the list
includes Audio-Technica, Mackie, Neumann, Sound Devices and Tascam."  Probably
worth contacting Sound Devices if you own one as I'm sure they will have a cure
or retrofit if they know of the problem.

Pin_1_Revisited_Part_2.pdf      from Syn-Aud-Con

A long unbalanced cable is just asking for trouble.  Len explicitly recommends
AGAINST using the extension in bad RFI areas.

A (possible) cheap cure worth trying on unbalanced lines is the clip on Ferrite
sleeves often found on computer cables.

http://jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=LF1294&keywords=LF-1294&form=KEYWORD

Even better if you can take a turn round the Ferrite.  You need them at both
ends as close to the connector as possible.

Do let us know what you tried even if it doesn't work.  Is it AM radio you are
getting?

PS      The Pin 1 problem is RFI getting in on the shields.