Stefan Schreiber <st...@mail.telepac.pt> a écrit :

> > Right. I was speaking of 360 horizontal.  Just to be clear, how
> > many speakers are necessary at minimum for a "full sphere 3D"
> > system? I've been told that a double twisted hex (3 in front, 3 in
> > back at ear level, and 3 in front, 3 in back up high twisted 90
> > degrees from the ear level set) would do it for a total of 12
> > speakers. Or would you need 18 speakers. I've never seen a picture
> > of what a full 3d sphere layout looks like.
> >
> > Bearcat
>

> The minimum for surround with height is 8 speakers, for Ambisonics
> 1st order. If the sphere is full-sphere (and not half-sphere), you
> probably need 12+ speakers, although I suspect there could be a
> solution with less speakers than 12. (Feeback welcome...)

A possible solution is the layout proposed by Bo-Erik Sandholm:
https://mail.music.vt.edu/mailman/private/sursound/2011-May/040968.html

"It uses 10 channels, it is a hexagon in the horizontal plane with a
speakers at front back. The Z is handled by for speakers, placed where
the 4 hexagon side speakers will end up if the Hexagon is rotated 90
degrees around a axis through the front and back hexagon speakers."

--
Marc