I raised earlier the question of why Trifield  is not available
to the general public.
Given that there are other people(e.g. J. Bongiorno in High End
and all kinds of things in home theater) offering
devices to synthesize a third channel--and that
lots of people already have a center channel speaker--
it seems somehwat peculiar that Trifield, presumably
the correct way to do it, effectively does not exist
in commercial form(Meridian is so expensive that
it might as well not be there).

This is weird and unfortunate to my mind. But of course
audio tends to be like that. Logic is often lost in
the shuffle(no pun intended)

Robert