>>> Unless of course they publish a file format for it....
>>
>> Want a minimal and purposely highly (even overtly) extensible one? That
>> I can design. In fact I've meant to do something like this from teenage
>> up. :)
>
> Please do!

A group of us proposed a CAF based file format at Graz (in 2009)
<http://mchapman.com/amb/reprints/AFF.pdf>
It had a mixed response ;-)>

It has though been taken forward and a further proposal was
made at the US Ambisonics symposium by Christian Nachbar (Graz)
and colleagues. (N3D instead of SN3D, being one major change.)

Time has brought greater agreement and stability.

As I wasn't at York, and as the Graz folks are on this List, I
won't give a reference as it would probably be out-of-date,
anyway.

So problem solved ....

Michael