Hmm, well, that rather proves my point, and I will write to them. I have every confidence that that sentence was written ironically rather than hagiographically. Suffice it to say, I, Richard Dobson, did that work in 2000; and it appears the title to even that very modest piece of IP (embodied as it is in the free CDP multi-channel toolkit, which ensures the file format is "available" to composers) has been magically reassigned, such is the significance of a name written in a patent application, and the ineluctable power of a web page over a mere published conference paper.

And yes one might very well question it, and the answer then must be the list of the other sophisticated Ambisonic file formats that are available today...

Richard Dobson