I suspect that

- any file format that has any level of sophistication (read:
complexity) will likely not get take-up (maybe even UA is too complex.
Straight old B-format is fine). Its not what features are included
that counts.... that's the engineer's mistake.
- any file format which can't relatively-easily be output by a DAW
will likely fail (Both UA and AMB require an encoding step after DAW
output)
- any file format that takes control away from the composer will be
rejected by the composer. Abstracted formats which force the spatial
composer to think in certain ways will only see takeup by those
unaware... eg: thinking of spatial audio as mono-channels of sound
which are then 'spatialised' in a cartesian coordinate system. In such
formats, although the engineers may not realise it, they become as
much a composer of the results as the composer themselves (see papers
by Agostino Di Scipio on 'techne')

Etienne

--
http://etiennedeleflie.net