Richard Furse wrote:

Interesting thread!

At the risk of accusations of marketing (the shame, the shame!)*, I thought I'd provide a few details on how Blue Ripple Sound approaches binaural HOA decoders.
There are certainly no marketing issues here, especially since this thread has started with < Amber HRTF > and related issues.

If the opportunity seems to exist, I would like to ask: Did you or your company actually test how well Amber HRTF performs if compared to measured/personalised HRTF sets?

(I don't believe that it could be very problematic for you to answer this question. )

Secondly, what kind of generic HRTFs are currently applied by the Mpeg? (They define mandatory binaural decoders, so the question is valid. Or is there actully < no > mandatory HRTF filter? Not clear at all...)

Best regards,

Stefan