From: Marc Lavallée<mailto:m...@hacklava.net>
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2016 10:20 AM
To: umashankar manthravadi<mailto:umasha...@hotmail.com>
Cc: Surround Sound discussion group<mailto:sursound@music.vt.edu>
Subject: Re: [Sursound] Never do electronic in public.

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 07:53:46 +0530,
umashankar manthravadi <umasha...@hotmail.com> wrote :

> VVaudio working in audio mulch will accept midi to control parameters
> like azimuth and elevation. There are plenty of two board (but tiny
> boards) that will  provide usb output from a 9degrees of freedom
> chip. We just need to convert X and Y to midistreams.

I'd be curious to see a list of appropriate sensors and boards. Fons is
already working on a similar project; we'll learn more when it's ready.

> Would like to see it integrated audio on USB but we need not start
> there.

It would keep the device small, cheaper, and compatible with many
systems that already have a headphone output. But there's probably
small and cheap usb headphone amplifier modules that could be
integrated.

> I am sure it can be used with ambisonics.xyz too, but is that site
> dead ?

It's http://ambisonic.xyz/ (without a s).
It still works (but only for Chrome based browsers)

--
Marc