David McGriffy wrote:

Oh how I wish I had time to play with this stuff. At this moment on my
breadboard I have a Teensy 3.2, a 6DOF gyro module, etc. Bluetooth modules
should be in today. 10DOF modules on order. I think the magnetometer is
important for HT to prevent drift. The altitude, perhaps not so much. Of
course, this is for a drone project (I'm writing a book about building
drones). And I have audio projects backed up ...

For audio and head tracking, I have been playing in Unity to Google
Cardboard and now GearVR. I have some demo code for anyone interested in
Unity development.

The standard I hear in the VR world is 20ms "motion to photons". Minimum
frame rate of 60Hz, preferably 90-120Hz.

I believe "motion to sound pressure" :-) latency requirements are more relaxed.

Because this is an important issue, I would like to receive some more feedback here.

I agree about update rates. (60Hz, or 80-120 Hz.)

What is a 10 DOF motion sensor??? (Didn't you mean 9DOF?)

Best,

Stefan

These faster rates do not allow
convolution with the full block size of the listen database, though careful
truncation should be OK.

David McGriffy
VVAudio