On Fri, 13 May 2016 09:44:58 -0700, mgra...@mstvp.com wrote:
>> From: "Emanuele Costantini":
>> Gallo A'Diva and ORB audio, I think they need an amplfier in order
>> to work, which is not an option due to lack of room space.
>
> I would bet that the spherical speakers and the requisite amplifier
> take up not more space than most powered speakers.
> If you're going cost conscious you can use the small digital amps
> from the likes of SMSL & Parts Express. I have one that delivers
> 50w/c in 1/4 of 1 RU. That is, you can fit 4 into a 1 RU space.

I use a few identical amp modules, with 2 or more channels per amp:
http://store3.sure-electronics.com/audio/audio-amplifier-board?dir=asc&order=price
In a small room, with small speakers, 15 watts per channel is enough.
The same store have a selection of power supplies. My solution is to
use the power supply of a dedicated PC, where I installed all the amp
modules in the drive bays. The 450W power supply is completely silent,
as well as the rest of the PC (no fans at all, only passive cooling).
--
Marc