Dear fernando

I forwarded your link to marc Lavallée when you first posted them. My intent is
that we should have multiple compatible systems for calibrating A format mics

Sent from my Windows 10 phone

From: Fernando Lopez-Lezcano<mailto:na...@ccrma.stanford.edu>
Sent: 05 January 2017 00:28
To: Surround Sound discussion group<mailto:sursound@music.vt.edu>;
glard...@iol.ie<mailto:glard...@iol.ie>
Subject: Re: [Sursound] [allowed] brahma

On 01/02/2017 09:59 PM, Bo-Erik Sandholm wrote:
> Good luck in your continued effekt.
>
> By the way, i have accuired one of your Tetra mic 3d shapeway for 14 mm
> capsules.
> I have not yet assembler it.
> I Wonder is there any software package and description on How to create
> calibration files for The mic?
> I will probably have The possibility to get temporary access to a anechoic
> room.

Hi Bo-Erik,
You could take a look at my project here (I posted about this a while back):

https://cm-gitlab.stanford.edu/ambisonics/SpHEAR/
(there is mailing list with 0 posts so far, ha ha..)

See paper here (been working on this for over a year):
https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~nando/publications/sphear.pdf

The project includes free software (open source, GPL) that runs in
Matlab and derives a calibration matrix (4x4 matrix of FIR filters) that
can be used directly with TetraProc (by Fons Adriansen) - or any other
software that can run the filters.

Just a few days ago I _finally_ managed to get the software into
somewhat usable shape in that I think (and I'm pretty much wrong every
time I say this, so...) it is working correctly. The calibration relies
on having 16 measurements (could be 8) in the horizontal plane around
the Ambisonics microphone plus one more of a calibration microphone in
the same exact location. Aliki is used to capture the IRs and edit (trim
and window) them. DRC (Digital Room Correction) is used to equalize the
excitation speaker. Then the software I wrote processes those IRs and
outputs a 4x4 matrix of filters. Many parameters can be tuned. I'll post
a couple of pictures later...

Documentation (surprise!) is mostly lacking. I hope to remedy that
somewhat soon (at least a list of the sequence of octave function calls
you need to get the job done).

My latest prototype with 10mm capsules was hastily measured before I
left for "vacation" and the plotted results of the calibration are
looking good. A re-calibration with the latest software of my first
prototype which captured a full concert also sounds fairly decent.

Anyway,
Good luck!
-- Fernando