On 2002-03-24 [EMAIL PROTECTED] <Heimo Claasen> said:

   >Jerry - ae you sure that it's the _first_ line which is eaten away ?
   >The problem reminds me of some early "terminals" (especially of the
   >IBM type) which had line 25 "rese3rved" for "system services" over a
   >specific feed.

   >(Those monitors had more, and probably specific, pins too on the
   >plug of their - fixed - connector wire, compared to the usual TTL
   >connector.)

Let me describe what happens a bit more closely...

If, for example, the top line of the screen displays a header, time,
and date (whatever, it doesn't matter) and is stationary while the
rest of the screen scrolls below, the *twenty-fifth* line will appear
on top of line one... and *then* that top line becomes elongated,
upside down *and* reversed... so line one and "twenty-five" are
combined in this mixed up fashion.  The first line becomes elongated
and reversed -- with a normal-print 25th line riding over number one.

I suspect, as you might be thinking, that this monitor was used with
some special application/terminal system.  None of the equipment with
this system, however, is made by IBM.  And so I wonder whether or not
a special driver was required to operate/alter this "CompuAdd" monitor,
which is now lost.

Jerry... on his COMPAQ PORTABLE II -- #4 | My laptop computer's a
*****    14.4kbps/42MB HD/640k RAM/8 MHz | Tandy TRS-80 Model 100

Net-Tamer V 1.11.2X - Registered