Hello all,

If this post should not be in this list, please
suggest the appropriate list to post to.

My computer Dell Inspiron 5150 suspends and resumes
fine with vesafb framebuffer from x as well as from
console with s2ram -f -s. I am using SUSE 10.1 with
kde 3.5.4 level a.
   My problem starts now. After resuming, any new kde
application doesn't start immediately. It takes really
really long 5-6 minutes to start. From console, it
doesn't give any output. If I try to log out, my
desktop and everything shutdowns perhaps but black
screen with kde mouse cursor stays for ever. If I kill
the x server and restart, I am never presented with
desktop, kicker but just blue fancy background from
kde's wall paper. I feel somehow that kdeinit can't
launch applications perhaps due to unavailable dcop
connections. If I try "dcop" it gives something like
can't attach to dcopserver.
  Could anyone help me to understand what's going on
and probably a solution to restart some kde stuff
after resuming.

Regards,

http://mail.yahoo.com